Tuesday, February 21, 2012

And This Little Pig said A Finish and A Start

LHN Warm Winter Woolens is finished! Crazy 2012 number 2.
I did change the sheep's head a little, more rounded :@
I'm going to try and frame this myself... maybe... fingers crossed.
A little more stitching on LHN Ornament 2011 Silent Night, house, trees and night sky, along with some of the border, it does go all the way round now :@
This is what I spent the weekend doing, instead of stitching... Butterscotch & Rose by Fig Tree, 42 pre-cut 10" quilting squares, so using my trusty rotary cutter, each square was cut up into 4, which gave me 168 x 5" squares.
So 9 across and 15 down, which will give me a double (twin) bed size quilt, well once I add the 6" border.
I know it's only a simple quilt, but this is the first one I have done in many years, and the fact that I did it all in  one weekend... very happy :@ Oh it is going to be a 21st birthday gift.

Catch you all later... LiBBiE in Oz

18 comments:

  1. i love your finish so much..it is so cute..
    your new start is very sweet..
    i love the quilt so much..it is very beautiful..i love the colors so much..
    have a lovely day..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish and beautiful start too! And the quilt -- it's so lovely! Love the colors! I hear you -- I haven't quilted in a long time either. I should take a page from you and start simple. My skills are gooone. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you finished Warm Winter Woolens!!! It is so cute. Looking forward to seeing it framed. Congratulations on your lovely quilt. The colors are beautiful.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the cute finish and your ornament is 1/2 done already! Way to go on getting the quilt all cut in one weekend. They are quite time consuming, it will be a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm Winter Woolens is beautiful! Great progress on Silent Night! Your quilt is going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your finish! Your stitching is so lovely Libbie :o)

    Good for you! I envy anyone that has the patience to quilt anything ;o) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the fabric you have chosen for your quilt. Sometimes it's nice to use a simple pattern to show the beauty of the fabric design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finish and start.
    Good luck on the framing
    Beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that warm winter woolens, I have it also but did not stitch it yet !!!!
    I love your quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you finish. Looking forward to seeing it framed up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love it all!! Wonderful quilting, I didn't know you quilted, or if I did I forgot...such pretty colors! Love the warm winter woolens! So cute!! I have the same little house ornament started, "silent night"...it will be interesting to see how you frame it! Crossing fingers for you! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally in love with your Warm Winter Woollens, it's adorable! Great quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your cute finish. Great work on the new start. Good job on the quilt - any more coming up?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute sheepie, Libbie! Your Silent Night looks great too. I don't know about you but I always get a little *thrill* when a border meets up!!!

    ReplyDelete