Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And This Little Pig said Cow-Day-Wednesday + Puppy Photos

First a puppy photo to wet your appetite, and yes it is Podge, taken tonight :D Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, neither will her paw!
Also an update on Mum, she is doing well her blood pressure is down, but still fluctuating, she has a doctors appointment on Friday morning, my cousin, Mum's niece Lynda is going with her, and we have made her write down a list of things she forgot to tell the doctor last week. Thank you for all your lovely comments regarding her health, she will get better.

Cow-Day-Wednesday are photos taken at home this last weekend. Firstly Alan the Bull has come to visit the girls. He is a Lowline (Angus).
Missy is our 9 year old Jersey, she rears calves, our other calf rearer is Alexis, and I didn't get a chance to photograph her, she is mostly Friesian with a touch of Jersey.
Maxine is a calf we reared, she is roughly three-quarters Jersey, she is approximately 15 months, this will her first calf.
Alan will be visiting Hectavena, but not straight away, she is Missy's last calf, by a friesian bull, named Hector, my youngest sister (who is 30 by the way) named her, Hecta after her father, and only heaven knows where she came up with the rest of her name.
Keeping Hectavena company in the goat paddock far from Alan, is another calf we have reared, she is a little Santa cross, she doesn't have a name apart from The Red Heifer, she won't go in calf to later in the year, probably around September, and she will have to be visited by the AI technician.
Now for the main attraction, photos taken tonight, Evie with the brood.
Chocie boy, all relaxed and chilling out.
Yes it's Podge again, with one of the chocolate boys.
The other black and tan girl, she is going to live with a lovely family in the country. They lost their old girl last year, she was 15 years old, it is a great home, and they are so looking forward to her coming to live this them.
That laid back chocie boy again.
Oh I forgot, I have managed to get in a little stitching... little is the word plus I left my LHN Family Sampler at Mum's, just after I had started stitching it again. I am hoping my cousin's husband can bring it down next week.

Nite LiBBiE in Oz

5 comments:

  1. Libbie...I love Wednesday morning...just to check in for the cow pics...and of course on the furbabbies...they are so cute! Glad to hear mom is feeeling better....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous pictures!! Besides the puppies, I think Missy is my favorite. Jerseys are so pretty! Hope you get more stitching in and that your mom will be feeling all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh golly, I just want to reach in that puppy box and scratch all those baby bellies!!
    Wonderful to hear your mom is on the mend - what a wonderful daughter you are for providing such loving care and attention!
    I've been stitching (just a bit) - my problem is that it would seem my eyes are not as good as they were when I last did this (about 8 years ago!). What's up with that? Now I'm constantly fussing about the light in our house. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Southern California

    I added myself to follow you.
    I invite you to visit and follow my blog.

    God bless you :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is just melting looking at your puppy pictures! I wish Brie were back in my life soooo badly :o( I wish we were closer because I'd definitely adopt a puppy from you Libbie :o)

    I love Jersey cows. They're my favorite.

    ReplyDelete