Sunday, January 9, 2011

And This Little Pig said Crazies Day 9

Not much stitching done today or tonight. Today unfortunately had to be dedicated to housework, washing, mowing the lawn and washing the car, which was in desperate need of a good wash.

But I did get in a few stitches of LHN Ornament Frosty Flakes, still a start is a start.
Tonight was an evening at the pub, for my friend Lee Lee's birthday, a beautiful dinner, which I forgot to take a photo of, garlic prawns with sauce on a bed of rice with Turkish bread... divine.

Lee is six months younger than me, she had meningitis when she was four. She is the most beautiful person. When her Mum and Dad leave this world (not for many, many, many years) I will be her legal carer.
Also at the pub is this great photograph, of dairy cattle at the local agricultural show, we all have a great time, trying to name the people or at least the family. There is no date, but we believe it was just after the war.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dear friend...
    What a great old picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, a start is a start! Great start, by the way, and Frosty Flakes is one of my favorites from this past year's Christmas ornaments! Happy Birthday to Lee! You must be a special person, Libbie, for her parents to entrust her to you! Hm...Did you find any of your ancestors in the picture? What fun that would be to put names to faces there!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this nice, starting new design every day :) Good starts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libbie, saw your post on DJ's blog - you are not alone in the cheating stakes, and that's all I am going to say about that, lol!
    Love old photographs but am always sad when there are no dates given. Sounds like a delicious meal you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that one day you will be a carer for your friend Lee. I am a mum to a profoundly disabled son and one of my biggest worries has always been " what will happen when I am gone " I have been lurking around your blog for a while and love it.

    ReplyDelete