Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And This Little Pig said Wet, Windy = Miserable + Long Post

I seem to be saying this alot lately, but this is the first wet winter we have had in quite a few years, leading everyone to hope for a really good spring and summer. We have been more in drought than out in the last 10 years.

Today was so strange, woke up to pouring rain and then became more windy as the day went on. This also means there were less cattle yarded, and to be perfectly honest, not a day for taking photos.
But by the time I had finished weighing, this is what the day looked like. Above photo taken at 8.34am the photo below 10.58am. 2 hours and 24 minutes difference.
Now for an Evie update she is settling in well, learning to get a long with Quincy an energetic, roughhousing seven month old, who won't take no for an answer, well she did that one time, but that is the natural order of things.
And a snooty Meah, who does not want another thing taking away Meah-time.

She seems more happy when we are out in the yard, not as ridged, enjoys running round, always comes when she is called, tail wagging, even if she does drop to the ground, when you bend down to pat her, but I believe this is a symptom of not being patted, not of anything sinister. She has begun jumping up on my leg for a pat, so progress.

Toilet training is going great, even if it means getting out of bed between 5 and 5.30am when she starts to whine, but for a girl who has spent no time inside.

How much time has Evie spent inside, well she did not know what a lounge/sofa was for, I mean they are for laying on right? We showed her how to get up, and she laid their and watched me iron my work clothes, and what a quick study, showed her in the morning, and that afternoon after I came home from work, and we came back inside, straight up on the lounge. Good Girl.

Yes we have taught her some bad habits :D but isn't this the natural order of things?

One sad note, Evie has not learned to give kisses… yet.

Note to Moo (that's Meah's nickname) you sleep on the bed, Evie sleeps in a crate.

About a week ago I complained about my camera, well before I went home for my newphew's Christening, I invested in a new little camera (discounted), this one is a Panasonic Lumix, and I am happy with the results to date, I have not enhanced any of these photos, and my geranium now looks red, and dead :D
Definitely one of the last of my roses, a Delbard, I think Camille Pissarro.
And my ever faithful Gourmet Popcorn.
Plus a macro, a dandelion gone to seed, or as children we called them wet the bed.

1 comment: